Sunday, December 30, 2012

Tofu with Spicy Peanut Sauce



One of my favorite things in the world is sauces. I am the type of person who puts some type of sauce on everything I own. Doesn't matter what it is, it is probably going to get dipped into something. I am always looking for new sauces, and I am very pleased to say that is now on my list of go to sauces!


1block extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry, and cut into 6 slices
2 tbsp peanut oil
1/4 cup green onions, for garnishing

For Sauce:
3 tbsp crunchy, natural peanut butter
3 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
3 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
2 tbsp siracha sauce*
1 tbsp agave nectar
2 tbsp water

In a wok, over medium heat, heat oil until sizzling. Add tofu, and fry until golden brown, approx 4 min per side.

Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients, whisking together until smooth.

*You can add more or less siracha, depending on how much heat you like.

Once tofu is golden on both sides, lower heat and add sauce to work. Simmer for about 3 minutes, until sauce thickens. Remove from wok, and top with green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment