Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chicken Cesar Lettuce Wraps with Gluten Free Croutons


I wish that I had tried to make Cesar dressing a long time ago. I have always meant to, but it is so much easier to just pick up a bottle at the store. I am so glad I finally made this, because I cannot stop thinking about how good it is. David and I went through our entire supply in 2 days. I think I am going to have to make dressing from here on out...


For Dressing:
6 cloves of garlic, minced
3/4 cup Greek yogurt
5 anchovy fillets, finely minced
6 tbsp Parmesan dressing
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil

For croutons:
6 slices gluten-free bread, torn into bite-sized pieces
3 tbsp garlic butter


1 pack Chicken cutlets
Lettuce leaf cups
Dijon Mustard
Parmesan cheese

(Prepare dressing at least 24 hours before you intend to use it, to let flavors blend)

In a bowl, combine all dressing ingredients, stirring until blended. Allow to sit. Use dressing to marinate chicken cutlets, this can be done up to 12 hours before you intend to cook the chicken. 

Preheat oven to 500 degrees. 

In a sauce pan, over low heat, melt garlic butter. Add bread pieces, tossing to coat. Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer, and bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven, and allow to cool.

Lower heat to 350 degrees. 

Bake Cesar marinated chicken cutlets, for 30-35 minutes, chicken is cooked all the way through. Remove from oven. Slice chicken. 

Using lettuce leaf cup as the base, top with sliced chicken, Parmesan cheese, croutons, and Dijon mustard. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment