Thursday, December 27, 2012

Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs


Sorry for the delay with posting, I had a computer crash, and lost all pics and info I had saved for future posts. I was able to remake a few, but others will just have to wait for their turn to show up here.

I also started a new job, and have been trying to adjust to new schedule, and not cooking as much as I was. I started working very suddenly, and didn't really have any time to prepare, so it has taken some getting used to.

I made these meatballs about three weeks ago, and they were one of the lucky recipes that didn't get lost.

1 pack ground turkey
3 sticks string cheese, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp corn starch
2 cups marinara sauce

Preheat oven to 425.

In a bowl, combine meat, spices, and Worcestershire sauce, mixing until blended. Take one inch section of string cheeses, and cover with 1/4 to 1/3 cup of meat mixture, making sure to cover cheese completely, repeating until cheese and meat are gone.

Put meatballs in a baking dish, and cover with sauce. Bake in oven for 12 - 15 minutes, flipping halfway.

No comments:

Post a Comment