Monday, December 3, 2012

Turkey Shepherd's Pie


This was the end of my Thanksgiving leftovers!

I made this for dinner last week, but haven't had a chance to post it until today. I have been busy with Christmas shopping, trying to find a weather appropriate dress for a wedding I am attending, and working on  the novel I have been writing.

This was a wonderful, delicious, comforting dish, pity David had to work late the night I made it and almost missed out on it! I was nice though, and packed it for him to take to lunch the next day!

1/2 cup sliced carrots
1/4 cup diced onions
1/3 cup corn
1 cup diced turkey
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp garlic
1 1/2 cup roasted garlic mashed potatoes
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine all ingredients except mashed potatoes and Parmesan, stirring to combine. Spread in an even layer at bottom of a casserole dish.

Cover turkey and veggie layer with mashed potatoes, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Bake for approx 30 minutes, until top has browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment