Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Little Staycation...

For the first time in 4 years David and I are on vacation. Kind of. We have time off at the same time, but we decided to stay at home, and take advantage of everything that New York City has to offer. We spent the day playing tourists, going to Time Square, Dylan's Candy Bar, Rockefeller Center, and Roosevelt Island. It was fun to spend some time together, and to relax and wander the city.

While we were out I asked David if he would like to go to lunch at Lilli and Loo, which was near where we happened to be. I have been wanting to try it, ever since I found a list of gluten free NYC restaurants. Lilli and Loo has a full menu of gluten free Asian food, which can be pretty hard to find. I was very excited to try it out, mostly because I have been craving Chinese food for about a month.



I was not disappointed. I ordered the GF Spicy Tangerine Beef, and David got GF crispy shrimp with honey walnuts. I was surprised when David ordered off of the gluten free menu, but he wanted to be able to share with me. I really enjoyed the flavors of both dishes. The tangerine beef could have been a little spicier, but it was my favorite of the two. The shrimp was a bit of a surprise, I thought it was going to be sweeter, but the sauce was peppery.

I appreciated the variety of gluten free options on the menu, and I really enjoyed the food. I will definitely be going back!





No comments:

Post a Comment