Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cascabel Taqueria



Mexican food is on its way to becoming my best friend, because a good majority of it is gluten free. It is usually a pretty safe bet that I can stop in a Mexican restaurant and be able to eat a normal menu item with no modification. That was the case today at Cascabel Taqueria

Today David and I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and I realized as we were leaving that I forgot to find a place for us to have lunch. I am have always been a planner, and having Celiac's disease has made me more meticulous about what I do. I wanted to kick myself for forgetting, and had a small moment of panic, then my husband whipped out his phone and googled "gluten free dining by Metropolitan Museum of Art" and found a surprising long list of places that advertised themselves as "gluten free friendly." After reading the menu we decided on Cascabel Taqueria, on 80th and 2nd.

I felt comfortable there almost right away, as soon as the waiter reassured me that they are very gluten free friendly, and that 90% of their menu was gluten free. He told me to just pick a few options from the menu, and he would make sure that there was no gluten!





David and I decided to split some tacos, I ordered the tacos camaron (roasted shrimp) he got carnitas (slow roasted pork). Both dishes were wonderful, full of flavor, not to heavy, and perfectly cooked. It smelled so good that we both started eating before I could even get a picture! I can't wait to go back, and I would highly recommend this place!



No comments:

Post a Comment