Sunday, January 20, 2013

Buffalo Cauliflower Dip


Sometimes I feel as if I have to trick my husband into eating vegetables. Once he has started eating them, and realized he likes them, he is fine. Getting him to eat them is the problem. I often try to add extra vegetables to food I know he likes, or, like with this dish, replace an ingredient entirely.

I didn't even have to make dinner tonight because David ate so much of it of this dip. He said it is not quite as good as the original, but still quite delicious. He called it "the perfect low calorie alternative."

1 bag or head cauliflower
2 packages fat free cream cheese
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 bag fat free mozzarella
1/2 cup low fat ranch dressing
1 cup buffalo sauce (use one cup as a starting point, and add more if you prefer it spicier).

"Rice" the cauliflower. To do this, either chop it very finely in a food processor, or grate by hand, using the largest side on a cheese grater.

In a pan, over medium heat, combine hot sauce and riced cauliflower, until heated through. Put Ina large bowl, and add remaining ingredients, stirring until blended. Serve with tortilla chips, or fresh veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment