Sunday, January 20, 2013

Italian Lettuce Wraps


One thing that makes starting a new job difficult is trying to find restaurants I can trust. I'm in a new neighborhood, and there is not much to eat outside of high end, and fast food. I have been trying to pack my lunch as much as possible, but I get tired of taking the same old things. I am always looking for new, creative recipes. These wraps were half inspired by a muffuletta, half inspired by an Italian sub. They were incredible! I had to eat two right away, even though I was supposed to be saving them for work!


I made a huge batch of the salad, so that I will be able to get multiple meals out of it!

1 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped, pimento stuffed green onions
1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
1/4 cup chopped red onions
2 tbsp light, gluten-free Italian dressing
1/2 lbs hard salami
1/2 lbs ham
1/4 lbs provolone cheese
Lettuce leaf cups

In a bowl, combine carrots, celery, olives, onion and dressing, stirring until mixed, and dressing is evenly distributed.

Layer provolone, ham and salami on top of lettuce leaf cup. Top with salad mixture. Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment