Thursday, February 7, 2013

Product review: Wellaby's Cheese Ups


I miss gluten sometimes. A lot actually. I am still in the process of finding decent alternatives to all my favorite foods, and every time I find a crappy alternative it makes me miss gluten even more.

Before my Celiac diagnosis, I was obsessed with Cheez-Its. I always had a box in my cabinet, and I would have happily eaten them for breakfast, lunch and dinner, if I could. Everyday. That's how much I loved them.

When I was first diagnosed, a list of all the foods that were now off limits ran through my head, but for some reason, I didn't think of Cheez -Its. That realization came days later, when I went to find a snack, and my heart broke when I realized that I would never have them again.

I am pleased to report, that I have found a gluten-free alternative! It took me long enough, and I actually bought these as an afterthought. They were the last bag on the shelf, and I was back in Ohio at the time. Once I tried them, I fell in love, and set out to find them in NYC. Luckily for me, I was able to find them just down the street from my apartment!

These cheesy crackers come in a variety of flavors, from regular to Parmesan to smokehouse cheddar. I love them all. My husband loves them too! He has starting buying his own bags, since I won't let him anywhere near mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment