Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Chili Cheese Burgers


Chili is one of the best foods to have as leftovers, because it can be used in so many different ways. I have spent the last week coming up with different ways to use it, from chili dogs, chili cheese fries, and chili cheese pizza.

Coincidentally, we had someone slide a menu under our door that boasted chili cheese burgers as their specialty. I decided on the spot that I had to make them for dinner that night, since I had all the ingredients on hand.

My recipe is for 2, but it can easily be adapted for more.

1 cup Chili 
2 hamburger patties
2 gluten-free hamburger buns (I used Udi's)
2 tbsp BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's, its GF)
2 slices pepper jack cheese
onion slices (optional, I used them, David didn't)

In a frying pan, over medium heat, cook hamburger patties, flipping occasionally, until cooked to desired doneness. (time depends on the thickness of the patty used) Add cheese slices for last minute, to melt. Remove from heat.

Meanwhile, heat chili, until warm.

Put burger on bun, and top with chili, BBQ sauce, and onion. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment