Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Green Bean "Fries" With Spicy Mustard Dipping Sauce


This year, I decided to participate in Nanowrimo. (National Novel Writing Month) Basically, I am attempting to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November. This is my third try, I have never made it to the end in previous years. So far, I am 11,000 words in, in seven days. The goal is to write 1,667 words per day, in order to finish.

This is very time consuming, so I have been trying to make simple meals, so that I have more time to focus on my writing. I am also back on my diet, so I need healthy options. I decided to make green bean "french fries" because they are easy, healthy, and delicious!

1 package fresh green beans, ends cut off
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper

For sauce:
3 tbsp honey mustard
2 tbsp whole grain mustard
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
dash lemon juice
dash cayenne pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Place a piece of tinfoil on a baking sheet. Arrange green beans in a single layer, making sure that none are overlapping. Top with cheese, garlic, salt and pepper, and bake for 20-25 min, until green beans crisp up.

Meanwhile, mix all sauce ingredients together, until blended.

Serve green beans with dipping sauce on the side!

No comments:

Post a Comment