Monday, November 19, 2012

Creamy Buffalo Chicken Baked Taquitos


I firmly believe that there is nothing better than buffalo chicken. It is so versatile, and acts as a wonderful base for many different types of preparations.

Before I found out about my Celiac Disease, I used to make buffalo chicken egg rolls. My husband loves them, and they are so easy to prepare, especially if you buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. They were just another dish that I had to adapt, so I swapped egg roll wrappers for corn tortillas, and rotisserie chicken for ground chicken. (Actually, in this case, turkey, because I had a pack to use up).


1 package ground chicken
3/4 cup chopped broccoli
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
1/4 cup buffalo sauce (to start, add more if you like it spicy. I used a whole 5 oz bottle, and then some)
Gluten-free corn tortillas
Oil

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

In a pan over medium heat, cook chicken and broccoli until meat it browned, approx 8-12 min. Drain excess liquid. Add mushrooms and green onions, cooking until mushrooms are tender, approx 2-3 min. Remove from heat. Add cream cheese, and monterey jack cheese and buffalo sauce.

Add meat mixture to corn tortilla, rolling tightly. Brush, or spray with oil.

Bake in oven for 14 - 16 minutes, until crispy. Serve with ranch or gluten-free blue cheese dressing for dipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment