Sunday, November 25, 2012

Open Faced Turkey Sandwiches with Red Pepper Hummus and Sun Dried Tomatoes


One of the things to deal with in the aftermath of Thanksgiving is the massive amount of leftovers. I get tired of eating of eating the same things, so I always try to be as creative as I can when it comes to using up food.

Over the last three days I have been eating nothing but rich, heavy foods, and I wanted a break, and to have something relatively light for dinner. My husband and I threw some ideas around, and somehow, we came up with this wonderful combination!

I used crisp gluten-free crackers, because I had them on hand, but this would also be good on gluten-free bread!

4 slices of gluten-free bread
4 tbsp red pepper hummus
1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes, or 4 tbsp sun dried tomato spread
1 cup turkey, shredded
tomato slices
4 slices Munster cheese

(ingredients should be divided into fourths, to make all the sandwiches)

Spread hummus onto bread, and top with cheese slice. Add sun dried tomatoes, or sun dried tomato spread. Layer on tomato slices, and top with turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment