Monday, November 12, 2012

Garlic Bread with Tomato Salad and Prosciutto


Every since I have gone gluten-free I find myself impressed by how wonderful my support system is. Most of the people in my life have gone out of their way to try to understand what Celiac Disease is, and what I need to do to stay healthy. I have found that people have gone out of their way to find gluten-free food options, and some have even incorporated certain gluten-free foods into their daily diet! I am so lucky to have these people in my life!

This doesn't really have anything to do with the recipe, but I got to spend the weekend with family, and I always walk away feeling very blessed to have them!

But enough of that, now onto the food!

1 gluten-free thin crust pizza crust
Thinly sliced prosciutto. (I used 6 slices for a 9 inch crust)
1 small tomato, diced
1/2 cup fresh mozzarella, diced
3 tbsp garlic herb butter (based off of a 9 inch crust) If you don't have pre-made, you can blend 3 tbsp butter, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 2 tsp Italian blend herbs
Drizzle Balsamic vinegar
Salt to taste

Preheat oven according to pizza crust package instructions.

In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Brush over pizza crust, and bake according to package instructions. Once done, remove from oven, and cut according to your preference. (I cut mine into fourths).

Meanwhile, combine tomatoes and mozzarella, and salt.

Top crust with tomato and mozzarella, and prosciutto. Drizzle with Balsamic vinegar. Enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment