Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Ale Marinated Beef Tips with Horseradish Sauce


Last year I was lucky enough to be in New Jersey to celebrate my cousin's birthday. For the celebration, she wanted to have dinner and drinks at a local Irish pub. This dish is what I ordered, and it was amazing. I think about it every time I am visiting her, (the pub is attached to the train station, so I see it as soon as I arrive).

My husband and I were at the store, and after some debate this dish was all we were able to agree on. I am so glad we did, because it really hit the spot! It was a very comforting dish, which was exactly what we needed as we settled in to prepare for Hurricane Sandy.

For Beef Tips:
1 pack beef tips
6 oz gluten-free beer (I used Bard's)
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (Lea and Perrins is GF in the US)

For Sauce:
1 small container Greek yogurt
2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
1 tbsp prepared horseradish (Add more if you like it hotter)
1/4 lemon, squeezed for juice
1 tsp minced garlic

Combine all ingredients for beef tips in a large bowl, stirring to blend. Cover tightly, and allow to marinate for at least one hour.

Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for horseradish sauce, stirring to blend. Allow to sit for approx 1 hour, allowing flavors to blend.

After meat has marinated, dump mixture into a frying pan, cooking over medium heat until meat it browned, flipping halfway. (Cook approx 4 min a side for medium).

No comments:

Post a Comment