Saturday, October 13, 2012

Texas Burgers


When I was college I used to work at a restaurant that made these burgers. It has always been one of my favorite burger combinations. The only thing missing is some crispy onion rings, but I didn't want to go to the effort of making them today (my grocery store doesn't have a GF version). 

1 package ground beef
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp McCormick steak seasoning

Pepper Jack cheese slices
BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's, it's GF)
Thick cut bacon
GF Hamburger buns
Burger toppings and condiments of your choice (I just used tomato)

In a bowl, combine ground beef, Worcestershire sauce and steak seasoning. Form into patties, and cook in a frying pan, flipping occasionally until at desired doneness. (Mine were about 6 min a side for medium well) Once almost done, add cheese slice to the top of burger, until melted. 

Meanwhile, fry bacon until crisp. Blot off extra grease when done. 

Remove burgers from pan, and put on bun, topping with bacon, BBQ sauce, and condiments of your choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment