Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Au Gratin Potatoes


As a teenager I was obsessed with potatoes. It didn't matter what form they came in, I loved them all, from mashed to french fried. They were the one food I said I could never live without. When I started college, I stopped eating potatoes as much, and eventually bread replaced them as my favorite food. Now that I can no longer have bread I am rekindling my love for them.

My husband is not the biggest potato fan, so I was a little surprised when he suggested this dish. I should know by now that he will eat anything that has been smothered in cheese!

(I would also like to apologize for the terrible picture, but this was taken during the hurricane, and my lighting wasn't too good).

4 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 350.

In a sauce pan, over low heat combine milk, cheese, garlic, Worcestershire, salt and pepper, stirring constantly until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.

Toss potato slices in olive oil. Layer potatoes in a baking dish, topping with cheese sauce. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes, until potatoes are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment