Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pumpkin Coconut Bisque



I have spent the last few days back in my hometown, hanging out with my family and catching up with old friends. It was a wonderful little trip, I got to spend time in my hometown, before we took off to spend a short family vacation camping. The foliage was beautiful, and the cooler weather really put me in the mood for some fall comfort food.

While I was at home I went out to dinner at a restaurant that had pumpkin coconut bisque on the menu.
Unfortunately, it contained gluten, so as I often do, I decided to try to make my own version at home. 

1 large can of pumpkin puree 
1 regular sized can of coconut milk
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 cloves garlic
2 tbsp butter
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 tsp allspice
2 tsp red pepper flake
salt and pepper to taste

In a stockpot over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic, onions and rosemary, and saute until tender. Discard rosemary sprig. Add broth, pumpkin, red pepper, allspice, salt and pepper, and heat until almost boiling. Add coconut milk. Let mixture simmer for 20 - 30 min, to let the flavors blend. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment