Saturday, October 13, 2012

Slow Cooked Pork Tenderloin with Cabbage


It has been a very busy few days around here. I have had a lot of meetings, errands, a job interview, and work events for my husband. Its days like this when I love my crockpot. It is so nice to not have to worry about making dinner when I get home at 9 o'clock. I use my crockpot all the time when I know it's going to be a long day, I can have a hot, comforting meal all ready to go when I come home. It's the best!

This meal is similar to something my mom used to make all the time when I was growing up. She used sauerkraut instead of cabbage, but David HATES sauerkraut, so I made the substitution so he would eat it.   

2 pork tenderloins
2 cups potatoes, chopped
1/2 onion, sliced
2 cups gluten-free chicken broth
1/4 head of cabbage, shredded
6 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
salt and pepper to taste

In Crockpot, combine all ingredients. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, until pork is tender enough to be pulled apart with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment