Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Rosemary


One thing that I enjoy, and kind of miss, about being out of town is that I don't have to cook. I love tasting food that other people prepare, (it gives me new ideas!) but I do really miss cooking. Since I have returned home, I have been spending a lot of time in the kitchen.

One of my favorite fall foods is spaghetti squash. A friend of mine told me that she roasts hers with rosemary, which I have had a mild obsession with lately. I knew that this was something I would have to make ASAP!

1 spaghetti squash, halved, seeds and pulp removed
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup chopped onion
4 cloves garlic
3 sprigs rosemary
Parmesan cheese for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a baking dish, combine broth, onions, and garlic. Add squash halves, hollow side down. place rosemary sprigs round the squash. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes until soft.

Remove from oven let cool for a few minutes, and carefully scoop squash out of the rinds. Inside will still be hot. Top with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment