Thursday, October 11, 2012

Restaurant Review: Outback Steakhouse


Going out to eat always gives me a little bit of anxiety, especially when it is a spur of the moment decision. While I was at home in Ohio an old friend called me to meet up for dinner. I am still getting used to this whole gluten-free diet, so I accepted quickly, without thinking about where we could go. When I am at home in NYC I know where I can and can't go, but out of the city I have no idea. It is my first time going out to eat in a different city since my diagnosis. 

I didn't want to cancel, so I got onto my handy "Find Me Gluten-Free" iPhone app, and looked up a few restaurants that were close by. We settled on Outback Steakhouse after I saw that they offered a gluten-free menu

We had a small wait, during which time a server was walking around with trays of samples, which I couldn't partake in, because I didn't know what they contained. When we were seated I let the server know right away that I couldn't tolerate any gluten, so he made sure that I was accommodated every step of the way. 

I ordered the roasted pork tenderloin, which came with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. I had to order the green beans sans seasoning, but that was fine with me, I actually prefer them that way. The pork was tender and flavorful, and I love garlic, and potatoes! 

All in all it was a successful outing, no cross contamination here! I would go back, and recommend it to anyone with similar dietary restrictions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment