Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Dip


Over the weekend my husband and I hosted a Halloween party. Whenever we have a party I usually go all out on the food, but this time I wanted to spend less time cooking, and more time getting into costume. I decided to make chili, jalapeno popper dip, and cupcakes. They were all easy to put together, and I served the chili and dip straight out of crockpots. It could not have been simpler.

I got so many compliments on this dip. I made a triple recipe, and it was almost all gone at the end of the night. In fact, most people didn't even bother with the chili! Everyone who tried it said it tasted just like a regular jalapeno popper!

3 blocks cream cheese
1 1/2 cup mayo
2 jalapenos, finely chopped with seeds
1 4 ounce can pickled jalapenos, finely chopped
4 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
1 bag gluten-free tortilla chips

Combine all ingredients in crockpot, stirring to blend. cook on low, until melted, stirring occasionally. Serve with chips for dipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment