Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Creamy Cauliflower with Goat Cheese and Chives



I changed a lot of my eating habits when I found out I have Celiac Disease. Obviously, I gave up gluten, but I changed more than that. I am much more aware of the nutritional values of food. I found out that the years of basically being malnourished had let to multiple vitamin deficiencies. I have to think about everything I put into my body, in ways that I never had to before.

I cook more than I used to, mostly out of necessity. I used to order food, or pick up a frozen pizza, etc. Now I prefer eating in to going out, because I have complete control over what I an ingesting. It can be annoying at times, especially when I have been working all day, or when I am exhausted. But, when I cook I can have the comfort of knowing that I am putting good, healthy things into my body. 


2 cups cauliflower
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
1 tbsp chives

Heat cauliflower on stove top, over medium heat. Meanwhile, mix yogurt, oil, goat cheese and chives. Add mixture to cauliflower, and heat until sauce melts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment