Thursday, September 27, 2012

Buffalo Quinoa "Mac" and Cheese



I get to see my parents in 4 days. In 6 days I am going on a road trip with my cousin, and in a week I get to see one of my oldest friends. I have a pretty jam packed couple of days coming up, and whenever I go out of town for a few days I try to leave food behind for my husband.

David loves mac and cheese, so I made a big batch of quinoa "mac" and cheese so that he can have a few days worth of lunches and dinners while I am gone. He tends to work late when I am gone, so I wanted to leave some food for him so he doesn't have to worry about cooking while I am gone.



1 1/2 cups quinoa (cooked according to package instructions)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, and 1/4 for sprinkling
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/3 cup hot sauce
1/4 cup gluten free bread crumbs
1 1/2 cup chopped broccoli

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Lightly saute broccoli, until softened.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine milk, eggs, 2 cups of cheese, and hot sauce, Add quinoa and broccoli.

Grease a baking dish, and add quinoa mixture. Top with bread crumbs, and shredded cheese. Bake for 30 - 35 min, until bread crumbs brown, and cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment