Saturday, September 22, 2012

Ham and Leek Pie Muffins



There is a restaurant down the street that serves a killer ham and leek pie. Before I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease my husband and I used to walk down there, split a bottle of wine, and a ham and leek pie. Even though I cannot eat it, my husband still orders it whenever when we go to dinner there.

A few weeks ago they changed chefs, and to my husband's dismay, the ham and leek pie is not the same. Ever since that disappointing night, he has been bugging me to try to make it at home.

I make David chicken pot pie muffins to take to work, so I figured I would try to turn the ham and leek pie into ham and leek muffins. They turned out pretty good!

1 ham steak
1 leek, finely chopped
1 cup broth (I used vegetable)
1 cup white wine
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp fresh thyme
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup mashed potato flakes

2 cups gluten-free Bisquick
1/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup milk
3 eggs

Preheat over to 400 degrees.

Cut shortening in to Bisquick mix., until shortening is pea sized. Stir in remaining ingredients until dough forms.

Grease a muffin tin, and spoon in dough, making cup shapes. Set aside.

On the stove top, over medium heat combine broth, wine, mustard, leeks garlic and thyme, stirring until leeks soften. Add yogurt and ham, stirring occasionally, until ham is warmed. add potato flakes to thicken.

Spoon mixture over biscuits, and cook in the oven, 16 - 20 min, until biscuits are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment