Sunday, September 16, 2012

New Planet Beer



Out of all the things I have had to give up, I miss beer the most. I loved beer. It was my perfect beverage. Contrary to how my drink posts have made it seem, I am not really a fruity drink kind of girl. They have their place, but I would rather have an ice cold beer any day of the week.

When I first found out that I had to go gluten-free I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I would have to say good-by to beer. (And that the last beer I drank was a Coors Light...) I knew that there were gluten-free beers out there, but they just are not the same. To me, they existed in a category of their own, which wasn't quite beer.

A few weeks ago I went on a weekend trip down to New Jersey to visit my cousin and his family. While I was there I went to a local liquor store, and found New Planet gluten-free beer. They had three kinds, "Off the Grid Pale Ale," "3R Raspberry Ale," and "Tread Lightly Ale." I bought all three, and fell in love.

Pale ales have always been my favorite, and the "Off Tread Pale Ale" tasted how I remember pale ales tasting. (I do admit, I am starting to forget how beer tastes). It was incredible to drink beer again.

Today, my wonderful husband surprised me by bringing me home a 4 pack of New Planet. I am sooo happy, because now I also know where I can find it by where I live!

If you are gluten-free, and miss beer like I do, then I recommend New Planet. It my favorite, and one of those products that makes my gluten-free life a little more bearable!

To find out more visit their website www.newplanetbeer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment