Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Spicy Ground Pork With Hot and Sour Cabbage



Today was a pretty bad day. It didn't start bad, but slowly degraded as it went on, culminating in  2 hour long call to UPS customer service, during which I locked myself out of my apartment. I usually have dinner ready by the time David comes home from work, but I was so frustrated today I didn't make anything.

David was starving by the time he came from work, and he requested that I make my spicy Thai chili meatballs. I agreed, and we went to the store, where I forgot to purchase half of the ingredients I needed for dinner, but I made some adjustments, and was back on track. Until, I went to roll over the meatballs, and they fell apart. In that moment, a whole new dish was born!

For pork:
1 pack ground pork
1 egg
2 tbsp sweet Thai chili sauce
1/4 cup sliced green onions
Sriracha to taste

For cabbage:
1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
3 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

For sauce:
1/4 cup sweet Thai Chili sauce
2 tbsp Greek yogurt
Sriracha  to taste

Mix all but green onion in a skillet over medium heat until browned. Stir in green onions.

Meanwhile, mix rice vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Pour over cabbage and toss.

In a small bowl mix chili sauce, yogurt, and Sriracha.

Fill a bowl about halfway with cabbage mixture. Top with ground pork, and drizzle with sauce.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment