Monday, September 10, 2012

Roasted Chickpeas with Black Pepper and Garlic



Ever since going gluten-free my food costs have almost doubled. So many gluten-free foods are seriously overpriced. I went to buy a bag of pretzels the other day, and it was almost eight dollars for one bag. I am always trying to find ways to keep my bills down, so when I heard about roasting chickpeas for a snack food, I was all for making them. The recipe that I found said to season them with paprika, and cayenne pepper, but one of my favorite flavor combinations is black pepper and garlic. I use it on everything from chicken, to popcorn.

These roasted chickpeas are a wonderful snack. They are crunchy on the outside, and soft on the inside. I made two cans worth, and they were gone by the end of the day. These are probably going to become a staple in my house!

2 15 oz cans of chickpeas.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp coarse black pepper
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder. 
salt to taste

preheat oven to 400 degrees. 

Drain and rinse chickpeas. Blot dry. 

In a large bowl combine oil, pepper, garlic and salt. add chickpeas, and toss to coat. 

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add chickpeas, making sure they are in a single layer. Bake for 15 min, remove, and shake tray to toss. Return to oven for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment