Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Dijon Mustard Sauce



I often find that people are surprised that I can cook. I was never a domestic type girl, and used to always say that I would marry a man who cooked so that I never had to. I gradually learned to love it, and now, I cannot imagine not doing it.

Tonight, I was catching up with an old friend, and was telling her about this blog. She googled it, expressed some surprise about how good the food looked, and then informed me that she had no idea I cooked. I laughed, and later remembered something. I used to make her fried potatoes, back when we were 15, and she LOVED them!

I also want to wish her congratulations on her upcoming wedding, and Katie, I cannot wait to see you again!

None of that had anything to do with dinner, I quickly came up with a recipe, and it turned out amazing! I have realized that I have so many sauces and condiments in my fridge that there is no room for anything else. So I made a pork tenderloin using up some sauces from almost empty jars in my fridge.

1 pork tenderloin
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/8 cup Dijon mustard
2 tbsp whole grain mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp horseradish

In a bowl, combine yogurt, Dijon mustard, grain mustard, Worcestershire sauce,and horseradish, stirring until blended.  Use sauce to marinate tenderloin for 1+ hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place tenderloin in a baking dish, and cook for 30 min, or until medium. (40 for medium well, 45 for well).

Remove from oven, and cover tightly with aluminum foil, and let sit for 5 - 10 minutes. Slice and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment