Sunday, September 2, 2012

Welsh Hot Dogs


Today David and I took a trip to Flushing Meadows Park. The US Open is going on, and we decided to check out the arena, the park, and the Unisphere. While we were walking around the park, we were overcome by the smells of food in the air. There were people grilling, food carts, and vendors. I knew that I wanted to come home and grill, but unfortunately we have no grill. 

As we were riding the train home, David reminded me of the beer cheese hot dogs I used to make. It's been about a year since I have made them, and they sounded like the perfect meal for this afternoon. I haven't cooked with beer since going gluten free, so I figured this was a good place to start! I used corn tortillas, (most are gluten free, but always check the label) instead of a roll, and added a little bit of yellow mustard. 

This meal really hit the spot! 

1/2 cup gluten free beer (I used Red Bridge)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce (Lea and Perrins is gluten free)
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
1/2 tbsp garlic 

Mix ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until cheese melted. Spoon over hot dogs, and serve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment